Poslovna Inteligencija Telecommunications Data Warehouse Data Model (PI Telco DWH model) is a standard industry data warehouse model applicable for fixed and mobile telecommunications operators, covering traditional Business Intelligence requirements, regulatory requirements including GDPR and IFRS 15 and Big Data Analytics requirements. More than ten mobile, fixed and broadband operators in three continents with more than 45 million subscribers are using PI Telco DWH Model for their analytical system. The logic of the model follows TM Forum’s Information Framework Shared Information Data Model (SID), as a common reference model that service providers, software providers, and integrators use to describe enterprise management information. Based on data represented, it allows delivery of all standard Telecommunication reporting and analysis Data Marts.
PI Telco DWH Model Benefits for Operators
- Delivers competitive advantage by enabling clean data consolidation across multiple systems
- Supports rapid implementation of warehousing solutions with meaningful data
- Facilitates a structured approach to subsequent customization and extension of the data warehouse
- Enables business users to more effectively control and reduce the time taken to scope their requirements
- Provides a solid basis for statutory reporting and relationship management supporting decision making and executive information applications
- Minimizes development costs
- Reduces the risk of failure by facilitating an incremental approach to delivering integrated data warehouse solution
- Currently used by several operators, large and small, around the world
- Fosters collaboration between business and IT to turn business requirements into actionable solutions
- Comprehensive – collecting content from multiple client engagements and turning it into a suite of related Subject Areas – with a proven methodology and models that require minimal customization.
Schema of PI DWH Model main area
PI Telco DWH Model Highlights
- Based on industry best practices developed during data warehouse system implementations in Southeast Europe – it is open for all necessary modifications to adjust to individual telecom customer needs
- Based on a strong Primary Key – Foreign Key relationships that assure consistency in the model itself and in the content of the implemented Data Warehouse System
- Developed with ERWin -requiring ERWin license to view or change, but exportable to any other standard database modeling tool formats
- The logic of the model is following TM Forum’s Information Framework Shared Information Data Model (SID), as a common reference model
- The current version of the model consists of more than 500 Entities (Tables) grouped in 39 Subject areas, which are grouped into 5 functional groups:
BIG DATA ANALYTICS ENABLED
PI Telco DWH Model is also addressing new Big Data Analytics requirements, related to data from sensors, Machine to Machine data and Internet of Things. The model supports location-based analytics and content analytics functionalities and provides a foundation for the integration of structured and non-structured data for unified analytical layer
PI Telco DWH Model engaged Party Subject Area
Visually representing Party Subject Area containing definitions of Party entities and subtypes, and also relationships definitions.
PI Telco DWH Model Product Subject Area
Visually representing Product Subject Area including information about the logical organization of Product-related entities and types of products, including packages and detailed attributes of devices.
GDPR COMPLIANCE SUBJECT AREA
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a subject area related to the management of consent repository which maintains the lifecycle of customer/non-customer consent for data processing against given personal information.
IFRS 15 REPORTING SUBJECT AREA
IFRS 15 specifies how and when the operator will recognize revenue as well as requiring such entities to provide users of financial statements with more informative, relevant disclosures. The standard provides a single, principles-based five-step model to be applied to all contacts with customers:
- Identify the contract(s) with a customer
- Identify the performance obligations in the contract
- determine the transaction price
- allocate the transaction price to the performance obligations in the contract
- recognize revenue when (or as) the entity satisfies a performance obligation
PI Telco Data Warehouse Model is exclusive intellectual property of Poslovna inteligencija. PI grants a nontransferable and nonexclusive right to use the PI Telco Data Warehouse Model, with delivered customizations and extensions to its Customers who purchased the model.
Our team is here to provide you with more information and answer any questions about our Data Warehouse Models functionalities, implementation or pricing.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us!